Thin air in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco
April 28th 2008
Published: April 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, we´ve made it up to the dizzy heights of cusco. The air is so thin up here, have been knocking back the water since we got here. It was lucky we made it here in the first place. One of the guys working in the hostel said we didn´t need to be at the airport until an hour before our flight, so we thought we´d make the most of our short night and have an extra 45 minutes in bed, rising at the late hour of 3.15am. Got to the airport, however, and there was a big queue for the check in and we would have missed it had it not been for a 5 hour delay to the flight. We also thought we might be at the wrong airport for a while, but we managed to get here and are all ready (kind of) for the trek to machu picchu starting tomorrow at about 4am.

Had a nice last few days in Lima, although narrowly avoided being hit by a crazy peruvian driver. Luckily the kerb was pretty high so stopped the car coming onto our bit of pavement, so we live on and are all in one piece. That was on the way to a fountain show at a park in the evening a few days ago. It´s cooler than it sounds. We headed down with the two canadians from our hostel, who we got on really well with, and a really funny couple of guys from america and austria. The austrian was in good spirits despite having had his bag lost and about 2 days travelling to get there. The fountains were basically loads of different ones with colours shining through them (it was at night), like a tunnel fountain and one which i think someone said was the highest fountain in the world. Not sure about that, but it was pretty high. It finished with a show set to some music where the fountains and neon lights ´danced´to it. That was about 20 minutes long, and consisted of acoustic versions of songs ranging from queen to backstreet boys.

D´s bought an Al Paca hat in anticipation of the cold to come, although it´s pretty warm here at the moment. Spanish slowly improving, slowly being the key word there. Anyway, better get ourselves sorted for the tiring few days to come. When we get back there´ll be back some pictures put up so you can all be jealous. Hope all´s well, will write again soon. Recuerdos a todos, adios Simon x

Advertisement



1st May 2008

hat face
hat face she's got a big a hat face.............

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb