2 days in peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
April 25th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Peru on the night of the 23rd after the longest flight of my life!! It was actually a lot less hassle than i thought it would be with the stop over and everything in Madrid but it was just soooo long. Also when we got on the flight from Madrid to Lima someone was sick before we´d even taken off....nothing better than a nice smell of vomit to start off a 12hr flight, delicious!! But we made it anyway after almost being bored to death by the awful films they were showing and having to wait in the longest customs queue i´ve ever seen. And so began our adventure in Lima.

The people in the hostel are really nice and gave us a little map of Miraflores with all the attractions to go which mainly just consists of a lot of sea front walking. So on the 24th we got up and left the hostal at 9 and spent the whole day walking about and dopey us thought it was way too cloudy to put on sun cream so that is why now i have the reddest chest and shoulders that i think have ever existed in the whole history of time!!! So now we´re being a bit more careful (mum i´m sure you´ll be glad to hear that.)

The people in the hostal also gave us a list of peruvian foods to try while we´re here, it consists of 6 things to try and so far we´ve tried 3 of them. Think we got a bit carried away as we tried them all in the first day, but they´ve nearly all been really nice. One was just really steak, rice and chips which i´m sure is pretty standard, then there was Ceviche which is fish left in lime and lemon juice to cook from the acid, served cold with sweet potato and peruvian corn this was absolutely delicious!!!! And the last thing we tried was a peruvian drink called Pesco Sour, the guy from the hostal (Pedro) made it for us all on the first night in the hostal and its like tequila with sugar, lime, raw egg and cinnamon. Pretty random and seeing as i hate cinnamon and tequila it pretty much went down like a lead balloon with me but everyone else loved it, so they polished it off and i just stuck to the good old cerveza ( that beer for you non-fluent spanish speakers.)

There´s a pretty good bunch of people in the hostal, some canadians who we went out to dinner with last night and then some Finnish (think thats how its spelt) and Danish people who are over studying Peruvian cooking. The canadians and us are all heading to Cusco around the same time so hopefully we´ll all meet up there, if we´re all not doing treks etc!!

Anyway not much more to report, today the 25th we did some more walking and visited a mall which has been built into the side of the cliff face which is the only cool thing about it, because after that its just a standard mall. We´re planning on going to see a fountain show sometime maybe tonight or tomorrow so that should be cool and next on our list of Peruvian foods to try is cow heart kebabs...or maybe on simon´s list of foods to try as í´m not too sure how i feel about them!!

Hoepfully we´ll have some photos up soon and we´ll try to keep you all updated on what we´ve been up to.
Bye x x x

p.s we also seen the worst busker ever, his act included a tin can, a hair comb to run along the side of said tin can and a song that was sung in the lowest voice ever!! only wish i´d got a photo but thought that might have been a bit tactless as bless his little heart at least he was trying!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb