Machu Picchu at last


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
July 2nd 2006
Published: July 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well it´s been a full two days since we arrived in Cusco. We stayed at the beautiful Casona Yucay for two nights. Yesterday we started with a float trip (rafts) on the Urubamba River. After a nice lunch we toured the ruins of Ollantaytambo. Absolutely amazing, and more amazing was all but one person was able to climb the ruins at 9,000 ft.

There is unfortunately some bronchial sickness going around our tour group and has sidelined a lady from Florida. Then Connie got sick, then Pat and now Janet and Jim are on meds (cold medicine).
Thanks very, very much to Connie for providing anything we needed from her personal pharmacy.

However none of us were sick enough to miss Machu Picchu! Today we took the train to Machu Picchu from Ollantaytambo. Had lunch in Aguas Calientes, then took a bus up the mountain to Machu Picchu.

Awesome!!!!!! That´s all we can say about these ruins, and we get to rise very early tomorrow to go back again. Some people are going to try the hike with our guide up Huayna Pichu while others are going to either try the hike to the Sun Gate, or simply just hang out with the fantastic scenery and the llamas.

After lunch we take the train back to Ollantaytambo then catch our bus to Cusco, where we spend three nights.

Will try to post again from Cusco.


Advertisement



4th July 2006

Connie's friend
Hope you're all recovered by now. When we were in Cusco, only two of us got sick....the two that didn't drink the coco tea...............I was one of the two. It's still in the 100's here and we wish were anyplace else. Looking forward to viewing photos of your adventure. Love, Nan
5th July 2006

SICK?>
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ILLNESS. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY. DRINK LOT'S OF THAT GREAT TEA THEY MAKE OVER THERE. MAKE SURE IT IS BREWED WITH BOTTLED WATER. LOVE AND HUGS.
5th July 2006

Pictures
The pictures "Hotel in Yucay" and The Classic Photo" are just black rectangles on my PC and Rusty's Mac. I guess we'll have to wait until your return to see any photos. Hope you have all recoved from the bronchial sickness that struck the group.
5th July 2006

sick?
Gee I hope your feeling better. All is well here. hade Mike over for dinner last night. I think he misses you. The cats miss you and we miss you. Nice to be missed.

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb