Hola from Cusco!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
July 5th 2006
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Last full day of the tour today. Jim ate guinea pig, Connie and Pat bought dried llama fetuses for the shaman, and Janet pretended she didn't know any of them. Jennie just shook her head in disgust.

In case you haven't guessed, we're feeling better. We toured the Sacsay....sounds like 'sexy woman' ruins near Cusco. Then a shaman held a ceremony for us - hence the llama feti - then visited the Alpaca Outlet store. No, that is not where they sell irregular alpacas, but all kinds of alpaca sweaters and stuff. Then, it was lunch with the Peruvian military officials. We were serenaded by a Peruvian Tiny Tim.

They actually left the head of the guinea pig on the table while we ate. Fortunately, it was at the other end of the table. Jim says it tastes like rat... we're still not sure how he knows what rat tastes like.

Sorry about the black photos... each took about 10 minutes to upload, so we gave up after two. And apparently, those never made it either. Needless to say, we each have 3000 photos.

Tomorrow is an early flight back to Lima - most of us will be glad to be at sea level again. 11,000 feet is a real killer. Then we hang out in Lima till our midnight flights back to the US.

Bye!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb