machu picchu and wayna picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
January 20th 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

we got up at 4am to get the 5.30am bus to machu picchu, and managed to be 3rd in que to get into the ruins, and we walked out, it was raining but that added to affect as a cloud drifted slowly across the ruins, it looked absolutely amazing. the whle place is amazing, but this was the moment because wen all the tourist arrived wearing bright yellow or blue rain machs it sort of ruined the atmoshpere, but still we got there wen it couldnt of been better, we walked around the runis for about an hour and half and then we walked down to the tempe de la luna, which was amzing to look out of to the mountains, still tipping it down, the walk to it was like walking along a waterfall, with steep steps, and over hanging rocks all on the side o the mountain with a large drop the other side, but when we reached the temple it was definately worth the trek, the only people we saw on the whole walk was two americans and that was at the end at the temple, the veiw outside the temple was amazing, and the temple was dug out of the cliff.
form there we walked up to the top of wayna picchu, it was even worse than the walk down, though the rain had eased off, the path was steeper with more steps, but on the way up we heard this weird churppin noise and looked to see were it came from and turned out to be from a humming bird, which u see on the tv and they say that they are tiny but i never expected it to that small unbelievable.
then the path got worst the steps were so small only our toes fit on and then there were like ladders about 15feet high made of wood which we had to climb up, and when we thought we were near the top and could relax the there was a ladder leading onto steps cut into the cliff face with a vertical drop the other side i just had to concentrate on the ladder infront of me otherwise i would of shat myself, but the rain totally stopped on top, not that i could properly appreicate it from being so tired but still pretty damn amazing. the walk down was shit, stuck behind a huge group going unbelievably slowly!
we then walked around the rest of the ruins and sat and ate our food and came back at about 12.30.
in the evening we met thuis ozzy couple that had been travelling for four months. before we had ben thinking about flying down to santiago but not we decided to miss out bolivia still going to the lake tho, but instead we are going to get buses from puno to tacna then to arica then to iquique then to santiago. which all should cost about US$50 which is not bad. but this couple been travelling for four months, and made me well excited about the whole trip. still would love to talk to some english people, or english speaking people, my spanish is rubbish and we are getting by but people keep trying to rip us off.
the day after MP was our rest day, went to these georgous hot springs, but the bummer was is that u have to shower first and the showers are freezing, not that we shouldn,t be used to that our hostels showers are ridiculas but soaked for a couple of hours and they looked out onto the mountains, mum n dad this is your kinda place its the most beautiful place i´ve ever seen.
we then wasted the day in market brought a bag and managed to haggle for it to be 5soles which is less than a pound brought some earings also, we also treated ourselves to pizza that evening.
I´ve got so much to say but i reakon u wont be interested in that.
yeasterday we had to waste the day from 9 until 5 coz we got chucked out at 9 and train was at five, but we managed it, just about, i was alright sitting but justin kept getting bored and kept wanting to walk around the market, so i brought and alpaca braclet just through shear bordom of walking past the same stalls. the clothes and vivid colours are quite something though.
anyways that brings us up to date, sorting out bus trip to puno today, not doing so well coz i´ve had so much to say here. i´m really annoyed i can load any pics up yet but i´ll have a go at some point to have them loaded onto a CD, but anyways speak soon love to u all

Advertisement



25th January 2008

scary!
I'm shitting myself just reading this! Write soon.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb