first days getting to peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
January 18th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

it was rather an ordeal getting to Aguas Calientes, first of all the 3 hour flight to madrid which on landing there were cross winds so it was unbelievably bumpy, and then a change at madrid so had to sit in the airport for a couple of hours not exactly the most stimualting thing espec when we didnt have any euros to buy anything. Then we had our flight to lima, 11 hours my word we were so bored, and the food wasn´t exactly nice, it was like cuppa soup pour over some pasta, and then in the last few hours travel sickness just took over and i was sick several times, which was horrible never been sop glad to see the seat belt sign come for landing. It was actually 9 hours in lima airport wait where i got some travel sickness pills which worked on the light to cusco, and we got some good sleep in the airport resurant.
We had a good hostal in cusco, apart from the freezing showers, there were some fantastic veiws, it was a yha hostal so was pretty secure!
we then spent the day walking around cusco working out where things were, and found the train station to macchu picchu and walked around the market stalls, looking at the colourful array of souvieners for sale. and then spend from 4 sleeping till about 5 in the morning and walked to the station to go to aguas calientes!
we seem to be very obviously tourists because every wants to sell us something!

Advertisement



20th January 2008

Malaria
Hazel its important to do everything not to get mosquito bites. an impregnated net at night is number one and repellants as well as tablets. also avoid going to places they are at certain times of day. there is a website called malariahotspots if you google that it should come up. hope machu pichu is everything you dreamed hear from you soon love dad
20th January 2008

wow
sounds wowowowow fantasticococococo, thats spanish for sounds good.
22nd January 2008

lets see
come on and share the photos we want to see the views!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb