cusco to puno to isla del sol to puno


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

we decided to go all out on our triup to puno because it was long and we had spoken to this couple that had already come from puno on it and the train journey sounded so shit, and we weren{t feeling great anyway because of some of our meals the day before. but the bus journey started at 7.30ish, on a bus whish seriously resembled a wasp, but our frist stop was at a church, the whole inside was painted top to bottom with pictures of the life of the staint is was about i can{t remember hich one something like san paulo not too sure but the alters aswell were gold plated and the main alter was this great silver armour going up the wall with a repilca of the cross which banished the earthquakes in the 1600´s, it was pretty magnificant but werent allowed photos so got no pictures am affraid.
We then stopped at more inca ruins pretty cool but fairly similar to what we have already seen, except apparently the main wall to the temple were the original mud bricks, impressive if true. the next stop was at a silver works place with a lema with blues eyes like the cremello ponies, the sun was pretty strong at this point so we managed to catch the sun a bit. A buffet lunch was inclued in the price for the bus, that was pretty nice but since i kept being sick couldnt eat so much, but i brought a drink at the waitress ran off with my money and didnt give me my change until i hasseled her at the end for it, we did have a live band at the meal which was pretty interesting to learn about the local music even if i would,t ever listen to it myself, but my love for slippers nearly over came me and very nearly brought some alpaca slippers which are so soft and fluffy but i decided against spending 12quid on slippers that will fall apart as soon as they get wet. i was shattered by this point and could barely stay awake keeping food down was becoming an effort in itself, so i pretty much slept through the view point stop but justin got some good photos which i saw later on. the last was an info place on the history of south america, had loads of carved stones and stuff in there that was nice and the rain started too so a lil more refreshing! we then arrived in puno at 5.00ish and the hostel we decieded to stay at was the first man to flash his card at me, pretty lucky and justin had got a taxi so we were on fire. the place came with breakfast which was pretty nice!!! and easy to keep down also first hot shower i had managed to get! the man also sorted out our tickets to and from copacabana, whihc we would of ben lost without him, and then he sorted out our tickets to tacna which we are catching in a few hours.
to copacabana after three hours and being followed by many people we had met on the way a few would of rather not seen again but oh well. but we got there and beautiful weather so of course we forgot to put sunscreen on and later paid for it. but got the ferry for 10bs each about 75p so damn good bargin! i felt lik shit wen we got there and this kid had to carry my bag up the hill, even though i wanted to carry it, justin nagged mne until i gave in, but the kid was like a donekey anyway so didnt really affect him.
the BB we stayed in had the most amasing views across the lake looking over at the andes snow caped mountains, it was like a picture, and as it got to dusk the sky was clear and everything was so clear. justin did try ro walk around the island but having no food is seriously taking its toll so i boringly slept. but when he got back we went and had some pancakes, and then sat looking over the lake at the sight, and then we found a street vendor, and JT brought chips with sausage on top. but then a lightning storm started from the other side of the mountain, so we decided to go to bed, today problems with times and stuff but got back to copacabana, and had more pancakes only thing that seemed to stay down, and walked around the twon, we have decided to actually buy a pair each of peruvean trousers in a minute too so we are gonna start looking mega cool in our photos.
also chum JT put some photos up of me now, and sry this isnt too detailed too much to say again, but we are going to be travelling down south now to chilie from puno so wont wrtie too much until, maybe half way down cos its a tight schedule but have fun we will, justin amay have more details on things bye bye and soz could be bothered to check this over so enjoy trying to make sense of it!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb