Trekking and machu picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Lares Trek
August 18th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So sunday was spent just shopping in cusco. Sorted out nearly everything. Monday we went on a sacred valley tour, with a visit to pisac inca ruins on the hill and down to the market. Then on to the ruins at ollytytambo, which were interesting because they were unfinished so we could see how they were put together. After that we dropped the rest of the group at km82, the site of their inca trail and went back to cusco.
Tuesday we were up early to leave, arrived in calca in time for some breakfast in the market. Then onto lares for the hot springs. Not as nice as those we had been to in colca valley but still very nice. After we had a very good lunch, a promising start of food to come on the trek. From here we headed to our starting point. Once starting we had a few hours of walkng, past a nice waterfall to the nights camp. Following a little rest we had tea, biscuits, wontons and popcorn then played cards till dinner. Very good 3 course dinner, for the middle of absolutly nowhere.
Next morning we were woke at 5.15 with coca tea, then after a breakfast at 5.45 we started walking. A climb of 800m over 3km, was tough ut the views from the top over the glacier were amazing. From here we walked downhill, over soem still forzen ground to lunch in the valley. Another amazing 3 courses, then a little rest in the sun and on to camp for the night another 2 to 3 hours down. We had a 5 course evening meal including an amazing cake.
Thursday we got up for our final mornign walk, after getting lost by myslef, somethign id rather forget, we reached the end of the walk and lunch. From here we got a taxi to ollytytambo and then the train along to aguas calientes. The train ride was very beautiful, with part of it folwing bits of the inca trail. Then that night craig and I after dinner walked the 1.5km down the road to the others campsite. Drank a lot of beer down there then walked back in the dark to the town at nearly midnight.
After only 4 hours sleep we were up to join the queue for the first bus up to macchu picchu. Got on about the 4th, they were only small. Arrived as it was getting light, after a very fast run accorss the site we joined the queue for wyna picchu. Got our tickets then had a tour by our guide, odon. The site is amazing and a sight to be seen. After that we climbed to take pictures then went back accross to start the hard climb up wyna picchu. It was a difficult hour up but the view form the top was amazing. Then we headed back down to the town to catch our train home. (ok so cusco seems like home).
Back in cusco we had some dinner and a few drinks.
Most os saturday was spent shopping again, but i pretty much finished it all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb