More adventure, with a big canyon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arequipa we went into town to look at the main square and then had a trip around a museam to see an ice mummy. It was a bit freaky to see the frozen body of the girl who had been buried at the top of the mountain. Then we had a look at the outside of the monestary but were all too tired and not bothered to look around the inside. Then we went on the net and back to the hotel. Had a big family meal that took an age to come and had rubbish service. Then went to bed fairly early as we had to get up early for colca canyon the next day.
We got a bus to the canyon the next day, via a couple of stops on the way. We finally via a high 4900m stop we got to our hotel near the canyon. In the afternoon we went to the hot springs the other side of chivay. They were really nice although some were a bit skanky due to the peruvians in there which blateltly hadnt had a shower for a while!!
The next day we got a very early bus along to the canyon. We stopped just short of the viewpoint for the condors, had a little walk to the actual viewpoint. We sat for ages and watched the condors, they were really far away so quite small. But still an amazing sight. Then we got the bus back along the valley and stopped to look at some inca terracing along the way and try some cactus fruits. Had lunch in chivay and then got the bus back to arequipa. Was tired so went to bed early without dinner. Up very early for a flight to cusco.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb