We survived!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
October 22nd 2006
Published: October 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

Well, we are back in Cusco after the four day hike to Machu Picchu! We had an amazing time in our group of just us and our super friendly guide Eddy and four porters to carry all the shit we needed (25kg each!)!

After both being pretty ill for the start, we improved, mainly by taking lots of imodium, paracetamols, ibruprofen etc! The good news is that we think we both had a virus and don´t suffer from altitude sickness after all!

The trek was tough in places but we took our time. The second day we climbed 1200m in 5km to 4200m altitude. We impressed ourselves! The weather was spot on, we didn´t get too bitten, the scenery was breath taking and we were fed at every possible opportunity! The food they can cook on a gas stove is incredible!

When we finally made the sun gate on day four after a 4am start, we were one of the few lucky ones who saw Machu Picchu minus any fog, it made the pain worth it! We´ve seem loys of Llamas, drunk lots of Coca tea and are looking forward to sampling Cusco´s night life tonight!

Check imagestation soon for lots of photos, be glad you do not have smell-o-vision!!!

Lots of love
Lau and Ames x x x

Advertisement



22nd October 2006

i just have to say i hope you two are feeling better now! Also i loved the photos. My Fave being the luxurious swimming pool lol. Not sure whether i would eat the fanny jam :P Good on you two for trekking it out! Hope you get some time to rest and relax

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb