Leo and Liberta


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
April 24th 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Leo to the RightLeo to the RightLeo to the Right

Emily laughs as Leo has a rare moment of not smiling.
Leo and Liberta

“Good morning,” he greeted with confidence and excitement.
Leo smiles and laughs to himself as he steps onto the bus at Ollantaytambo. Mary and Jon were the other couple to join us on the bust from the Sacred Valley. The rest of us left in the morning from the SAS office.
He wears a blue and black exercise suit that makes him look like a fitness instructor. His shaggy light brown hair is covered and sweat, as is his clean-shaven Dutch face. Behind him, his gorgeous girlfriend, Liberta, walks onto the bus in a matching outfit like a model, her long blond hair pulled up. And we thought, “That’s her looking her worst?”
The two come from Holland and both currently reside in Amsterdam. From the age of 18 to 31 he went all the way through med school and became a neurosurgeon. After two and a half years, he couldn’t take it anymore: he was losing friends, not meeting anyone, losing his life. He switched to radiology and said it was “the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.” Leo is easily one of the happiest people I’ve ever met.
Leo and Liberta both play field hockey avidly and were perhaps in the best shape out of everyone on the Inca Trail. In fact, the two met at a field hockey game. A woman there allegedly had something wrong with her and doctors were requested. Both in the field, Leo and Liberta rushed to the scene from different ends of the building. The woman turned out to be fine; Leo and Liberta were never the same.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.7kb