Incas love stairs


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
December 12th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Started the tour the morning of the 12th. A bus came to our hostel and picked us up and drove us about 3 hours to the starting point at km 82. Our group included a Brazilian couple and 7 South Africans that had just graduated from high school. We all got along well. The first day was super easy. It rained lightly in the late evening and was the only rain we had over the next 4 days. The 2nd day was the most difficult with a 3 hour uphill until you hit the first pass and then its pretty easy from there on out. They have bathrooms at most of the campsites with freezing cold showers. You pass several impressive ruin complexes on the trail. The views are incredible. On the last day we woke up at 4 and hiked to the Sun Gate to see the sun rise over Manchu Pichu but there was a lot of fog and we really couldn't see anything.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



12th January 2007

Pretty, but its no Yamabal
Sean, just wondering if you whined as much going up the Inca trail as you did walking into my site. Its nice to see that you actually helped carry some things on this hike.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb