Pisac Market


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
January 9th 2005
Published: January 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Chrissy come cocaChrissy come cocaChrissy come coca

This was our first taste of the green stuff. It tastes like grass.
We woke up after a rather poor nights sleep at the hostel. we had drank a few glasses of pisco sour and the altitude didn´t help.

a side note on the altitude. now, after a day and a half of acclimatization i am feeling better, but it was rough yesterday. the slightest exertion of energy left me short of breath, and a nagging headache didn´t help matters. cuzco is at 10,600 feet or so, which is apparently childs play compared with other places we will be visiting such as potosi, the world´s highest city, or some of the trekking routes we plan to explore. but some acclimatization and a little coca in the mouth will soothe things.

today we took a bus to pisac to visit a pretty touristy market. there they had fruits, vegetables, coca, clothing and everything else the tourist could imagine. pretty nice stuff actually. lots of alpaca sweaters and scarves at cheap prices. the colors of the market were striking. not only were the fruits and vegetables glowingly bright, but the clothing of the indian women makes it a sight to see. it was a nice little trip, complete with some nice vistas of the peruvian countryside. definitely worth the 10 bucks or so that we paid to get there and back.

now we are here chewing on ¨bolos¨ of coca and drinking cuzqueña beer while in the internet cafe. god i love latin america, wehre a man can drink his beer in public and not feel embarassed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Pisac MarketPisac Market
Pisac Market

I love how many women here still wear traditional quechua clothing with some of the hippest hats in the world.


24th January 2005

scratch working for the gov. again
i know how we all love cocaine, but chewing coca and taking pictures for the internet? YES! - rob o.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb