St Paddys Day


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
March 19th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the trail it was time to look forward to Paddys day in Loki hostel which is part owned by Dave from Longford. We had a few warm up sessions on the batter. The night clubs are ridicolous. When you go to the main sq about 15 people run over to you and try drag you in. We didnt have to pay for a drink until 2am. I promised my 10 amigos would come in for free drinks so i got 7 and the lads got 2 each.

The day before paddys day after getting our costumes we went ATV(quads). The 5 of us, the 4 english guys, Fergus from canada and Serth from new mexico who we met on the trek went for the day. It was 30 US dollars for 4 hours. It was the best craic. The bikes go 50mph and have 5 gears. We stopped to do a jump and my exhaust fell off. The instructors told us not to overtake but we were all racing the whole way. I had a minder the last half hour cos i wouldnt slow down and kept overtaking all the time. Graham overturned his(eddy) and Rob had to pay 45 dollars for crashing his one. It was excellent.

The next day it was time for the craziness. Fran had us awake at half 7 and we were in the bar by 8. Were 5 hours behind so were up for the match(bloody bottlers derserved to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!). Got an hours kip in at 11am cos i was drunk and then it was time for the costumes. They were the most random ideas ever. There was a swimmer(me), Freddie Mercury(g man), the hulk(Dar), Fanta pants man(Gar), Ice man and Maverick from Top gun(al and Fergus), superman(fran), granny(Rob),Mr muscle(Neil), Sackman(Damo) and a red Indian(Serth). Serth is an Indian/American so he just wore a red tracksuit. He got my best dressed vote!!!

After our little parade around the hostel we got seriously drunk. Graham was on the bar dancing to queen songs at about 3pm.We all continued our stage dives for the evening. With jelly shots, shots of jameson, rum and cokes and beers i dont really remember much after that. I was in the leaba at 12(the usual) but some of the lads made it til 8 the next morning(24 hours). Great day and i hope the photos speak for themselves..........


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



21st March 2007

pitty
yo lads dont think boris is gona make the trip word on the street is hes up the pole for conor. there gona call the baby bonor after his daddys
21st March 2007

listen here "anonymous" if that's your real name !! He's not pregger's he's just a big boned ! Keep up the good work Michael Palin ps. Any one looking to buy the silver bullet 1.4 ohhh yeeaah ! gimmi a bell
22nd March 2007

Hope you recovered from St Paddy's
Hey, we're enjoying following the lads' adventures through your blog! We're wishing you well, and will be watching for more! From David and Skye from the Inka Trail.
22nd March 2007

Howdy
Thanks guys good to hear from you and glad you are enjoying the blog. Ill try keep it going but my patience with the bolivian internet is now running very thin. In copacabana at the moment having a blast, where are you guys??

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb