CUSCO PERU


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
May 19th 2012
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

18.5.2012



Went out onto the highlands again today in a different direction to see Moray which is a huge terraced stadium like structure built by the Inca’s in a volcano base, a sight to be seen! Then onto a salt works, all these ponds built into the side of a ravine, lots of walking and very steep, Alison had a bit of breathing problems but we just take it slow and steady. Then back to Cusco early arvo for some free time which was great, as we have been on the go the whole time here.



Elder went to hospital to visit Allan and then we all went out for pizza which was a nice change. Allan going back to Aus tomorrow or next day with a nurse escort to Lima. Heading to Macchu Picchu tomorrow, getting bus from Cusco to Sacred Valley (1 ½ hrs) then train to Aguas Calientes (1 ½ hrs) and get there in arvo, have a look around Agues Calientes and stay night and it hasn’t been decided what time we will have to Macchu Picchu (4, 5 , 6 a.m. has been discussed??) will make that decision tomorrow. Thank goodness we are doing the train, with the altitude and all wouldn’t like the Inca trail AT ALL !!! Ran into Carol and she has told us there are a few people in the hospital, mainly altitude problems, but one girl with a broken ankle who had to be bought in off in the Inca trail, has to have surgery! Thank god we all have travel insurance.







19.5.2012



Headed off at 10.00a.m. today, arrived Aguas Calientes around 2.30p.m., the ride up on the train was spectacular, with windows in the roof so we could see from all directions, following part of the Inca trail, which was great to see what those poor buggers have to endure! Glad we didn’t do that, a lot of tours include the trail. On the train met an absolutely gorgeous girl from Canada, who is in Cusco volunteering as a nurse, she is a final year nurse. It was just interesting talking to her about her experiences in the clinic here in Cusco. Aguas Calientes is just such a cute town, wedged in between the mountains, and it has a roaring river running through the town, the place is soccer mad, so we joined in at the local bar and watched the Chelsea, Germany game, most were barracking for Chelsea.



Got to bed around 10.30pm, have to be up 5.00a.m. in the morning.

Advertisement



21st May 2012

Wow
I look forward to getting your blogs so much and then get pissed that I am walking the dogs and dealing with trades and doing the washing , vacuuming etc ! Can't decide whether you should stop sending them or I should just suck it up!!!! Keep sending, I love it and I will start sucking harder ! ( John, you can leave that one alone )

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb