Is this a strike, or the Peruvian version of ratatouille?


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
June 17th 2010
Published: June 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

This is how they keep people from entering the city.
So I experienced my first strike in Peru today. It wasn't really as bad as everyone made it sound but it was interesting. They really get their point across here. The strike was against gas and they didn't want people to drive through their strike so they blocked the roads with rocks and trees. When I got to the Avenida de Sol they was a big parade with tons of people and a person with a megaphone at the beginning of each line shouting the groups slogan. There were also people dressed as rats with the names of politicians. It was pretty funny. But tomorrow we leave for Puno at 9 pm for a 6 hour bus ride. Feel like i'm back on lacrosse trips. But I can't wait to spend the night with a family on the floating islands. So much fun!!! I'll update that info and pics as soon as possible. Hasta luego, chao!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

This is a way too.
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Part of the parade
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

One of the groups in the parade.
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Some of the rats. They had the names of politicians taped to them.
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

Some more rats.
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

Another group, another rat.
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

Same rat.
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

He posed for me when he saw me taking a picture.


18th June 2010

What a great time you are having! These will be memories of a lifetime! Have a great time on your trip. Thanks for including me in your blog. I am enjoying reading about your adventures. Jan
18th June 2010

It is like running into some of those mice from Cinderella at Disney World!
18th June 2010

The rat costumes are AWESOME! Definitely look like the rats from Ratatouille! Have fun at Puno - it sounds like it's gonna be really cool. Looking forward to seeing you soon! :)

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.3kb