Billy Big Bulls


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa
August 23rd 2006
Published: September 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Talk about being in lazy mode! After our hectic week in Haucachina ;-) we continued the theme in Arequipa i.e. We didnt do a lot! There is a canyon 5 hours away from the city that we debated visiting but 5 hours is a long way to go for a trip that people were saying was not particularly great. So, we saved our money and explored the city which was lovely. It sits at the foot of Volcano Misti and some other nearby peaks (see pics).

The highlight, without a doubt, was something we just stumbled upon. Lynny spotted a poster for bull fighting and managed to find out an address and time. Off we went to join all the cowboys for what turned out to be a brilliant day. It was bull vs bull, not matador masacres bull, and its the only place in the world that it can be seen. The bulls were ginormous (spelling?), we couldnt believe how big they were, especially up close. At one point, a guy was leading his bull into the arena and made the mistake of swaying into its path. The bull took offence and gored the guy in the back and shook him around like a toy! Quite a shocking moment really! They had an ambulance on site.

Thats it for Peru ... we have really enjoyed it as some if its attractions are amazing. Lookng foward to not getting harrassed to buy crap, harrassed to enter restaurants and generally ripped off left, right and centre though!

Gray x

I took that first photo, how funny is he!? : )

Lynny x




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

massive!massive!
massive!

They walked this one around the top level of the arena! Everybody moved pretty quickly, including us, to get out of its way.
The stand offThe stand off
The stand off

There is always a couple of minutes of tension before the bulls get stuck in.
I wouldnt be standing there if I was youI wouldnt be standing there if I was you
I wouldnt be standing there if I was you

The bulls fight until one turns his back and runs away like a little girl.


25th September 2006

Lynny you funny bum, you!
"Sweety, be a darling and stop here would you." - Hahaahaa, love it! XX

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb