BULL FIGHTS, LIFE & TRUTH


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
March 28th 2005
Published: March 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Invite PETA to Arequipa Peru to experience a great sport - bull fighting - no not man vs. beast, but beast vs. beast... An absolutely enlightning experience which has a great correleation and application towards mankind - for instance, the bull that makes the most noise before the fight - is usually not the victor. Photos to follow.

When a society does not have a massive technology base - it resorts to more humanistic endeavors - OK bull fighting may not be humanistic perse. however, arts, music, long lunches, spending time with family and friends.

The world has a great many inhabitants which are worthy, loving, suffering, contributing and accepting of their fate.

Then there are those which feel the world should be the way they want it to be - people should have a certain type of government, animals should have equal or more rights than people, freedom is a right not a priviledge.

consider the basic needs of the human race, and at a certain point they have been attained through work, struggle, technology and environment -

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs:

1. Biological and Physiological needs
2. Safety needs
3. Belongingness and Love needs
4. Esteem needs
5. Self-Actualisation needs

DECONSTRUCTING HUMANITY is a concept i have been developing which goes something like this:

If an individual is fortunate enough to have the right nature and nurture, works hard, and is able to live a reasonably solid and content life - there comes a point much like diminishing returns, where the more you do the less it actually adds to the bottom line or to the escence of who we are. At that point we go far outside of the intended design for man and start to de-evolve... technology is a temporary pacifier, sex - drugs - additction - work - all begins to be unfulfilling - so we try more and more new and different - and we still go backwards... that is my basis for an article or book one day. Some of the American Authors i respect would position it as so...

After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on - have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear - what remains? Nature remains.
Walt Whitman

As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
Henry David Thoreau

I am off to Cusco in the morning to continue documenting my project Tahuantinsuyo 21 - decendants of the Inca-

Peace & Love from Arequipa - juan

p.s. remember if you do not want to get my travelblog, let me know, or unsubscribe - ciao


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb