Arequipa


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
June 11th 2010
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arequipa




Neither Eirin or I are big fans of easy travelling. So on our way from New York to La paz we spent one night in Panama airport, one night on the bus from Lima to Arequipa, and then one night on a bus from Arequipa to La Paz. But with the standard of the seats at the airport, and the buses in Peru, it´s just a pleasure to travel like that... eh, almost...

We had a day in Arequipa thoug. And like last time I was there, we visited a museum which contain a frozen girl found at a volcano in Peru. She was offered together with three other kids to the gods. This was a normal procedure by the Inca´s. The body was well preserved when she was found, and has therefor given the scientists a lot of good information about their life.

Another nice place to visit in Arequipa is a monestary from the colonial time. This is a big monestary with loads of history and plenty of photo opportunities.

For more information about Arequipa you can have a look at a blog entry I made two years ago: http://www.travelblog.org/South-America/Peru/Ica/Nazca/Nazca-Lines/blog-287376.html

Anyway, we are now settled in La Paz and are trying to acclimatize as good as we can, and checking out what to do the next few days.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



13th June 2010

I really enjoyed your post about "easy travel" through Peru! Reminds me of my own bus rides there, and I also spent some comfy time in the Panama airport, only it was while I was trying to get from Salvador, Brazil, to Lima. Only in South America do you have to travel half a continent out of the way to reach your destination! My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)
14th June 2010

Tío- Puedes practicar español? Espero que si. Bueno, vuelvo en domingo, no lo me alegro mucho. Pero supongo que así es la vida, eh? Cuando vuelves hablaremos español, vale? Que vaya bien, hermanito. Besito
15th June 2010

Arequipa
Hello Heather. Thanks for your respond! Nice to hear from others with the same travel experiences : ) I will check out your blog when I find some time! Magnus : )
15th June 2010

Hermanita : )
Hei Ingrid! Min spansk er nok langt fra saa raa som din i oeyeblikket!! Men jeg kommer meg fram : ) Skjoenner at det er litt kjipt aa dra hjem igjen, men saann er det... Vi faar praktisere spansk naar jeg kommer hjem!! Klem

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb