ready to leave arequipa


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
February 13th 2009
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


hola,
so we are stil in arequipa. We just finished our week long spanish school. ooofaa, not so easy. i was expecting more of a conversational, real world course, but we got a full on real deal full semester of high school in 1 week. nouns, verbs, preposistions, ughhhh. everything you hated in high school, and i could barely understand this stuff in english class, i now had to try and figure out and understand it in spanish. not soo good. after the week, i came away with a bigger vocabulary, and some understanding of how to use words correctly, but still could barely hold a conversation with someone. carol got a bit more from the class, since she knew more going in. all in all it was good, but i was definetly was ready for it to be over by friday. we had 2 teachers, each for 2 hours. one was nice, and the other was a mean grouch,,haha. she was really into being a teacher, and pounding things into our head. ohh well.
so we leave for chile saturday 7am. 4 hour bus ride to the border town of arica. at that point we will either stay 1 or 2 days there, before heading south to calama, and the copper mines. this computer is dog slow, so couldnt upload many pics today. weather got a little cooler and drizzly the last few days. but overall a nice week of weather, and classes. but we are both ready to move on, and see something new.
-R-

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb