Overnight Desert Stay


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
November 26th 2008
Published: December 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The morning after my birthday...I felt pretty good all things considered. Which is lucky because we had a busy day ahead of us. We got up early and headed to the port where we got on a speed boat and headed out to sea for the many different animals including penguins, pelicans, sea lions and many other birds, we also saw Dolphins from a distance. That was really worth while but it did smell a bit...anyway got some good photos too.
Straight after that we headed to the Pisco Brewery where we had a tour and then headed inside for lunch and most importantly the taste test of each drink. Let’s just say the pour Pisco was tough to stomach.
After that and feeling a bit tipsy we got back on the truck and headed for the desert where we spilt up into groups and into sand buggies where we drove through the desert. We got 5 or 6 times to have a go at sand boarding which was very good fun. We were at the top of the sand dunes and then lying on snow boarding we boarded down to the bottom. Needless to say there where a few wipe outs and screams...from the girls only not me and Ste who are natural athletes.
When we were down we headed to camp where we sat around and had a bbq and Stefano got on the free Pisco shots all night. I really don’t know how he didn’t collapse that night. Oh yak and Stefano was a bit pissed, he needed to go to the toilet for a number one and instead of finding a quiet spot he just turned around and peed in front of everyone no more than 2 meters from us. All we could hear during dinner was the sound of him peeing...nice! When the party was finished we all headed to bed which was sleeping under the stars without a tent in the middle of the desert...really beautiful but a bit cold.
The next day we left the desert and got on the road for a drive day to a bush camp. Unfortunately the truck broke down half way and we were suck on the side of the road...the driver started repairs and the boys got out and started playing rugby to pass the time. After and 1 hr of that we got the boxing gear out and Stefano beat the living shit out of Paul 3 Stroke...the doorman at the Walkabout and many other clubs in Dublin...Ya I think you can tell I am joking and Paul won!
After 3 hrs broken down we got going again and made it to bush camp...



Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb