more bus rides and sketchy locals


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
November 24th 2007
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

route maproute maproute map

done on paint because we still cant work out how to make the good one work
We´ve just arrived in Peru, well actually we´ve been in Peru a while but just got off the bus bout 7-8hrs ago. Our 2nd border crossing involved a night bus to Arica, taking a colectivo taxi and once we were over getting a bus to Arequipa. Except i was too wasted from the trip to bother spanishing a good deal and we got ripped off on the bus here. the bus was filled with locals and the aduana policia kept gettng on and having a check even though no more people had got on since their last check. but there was a dodgy guy next to us that seemed to be doing something illegal becos he gave a bribe to the drivers helper and kept passing off these childrens clothes to his mate when the checks took place. anyway we have now arrrived and had dinner for $5 which was 2 courses and like 3 drinks each. they have a drink that they are really proud of called inca kola but actually its just pretty much creaming soda.

anyway yesterday we were in san pedro and hired bikes to go to some inca ruined fortress and to these dunes in the valley of death. it was really tiring and impossible to bike through the sand and once we got to the actual dunes we were too tired to sandboard down much. but the valley was really nice anyway so it was still worth it.

we arent staying here long cos of time constraints, going to cusco tomorrow to go to machu picchu in a few days time and i will hopefully get acclimatised properly this time. becos there might not be a nice busdriver to help me. aaron reckons he might put some effort into trying to catch me this time round tho... i wont cross my fingers!!
hi to everyone and sorry i´ve been too rushed to email everyone back properly. xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb