The Family Feud


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
March 10th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

jose playingjose playingjose playing

volleyball
Principal, Ecuador

We intended to wash our clothes in the river today, but as usual it is raining. I might wash them in the house later. Jose is still at war with his parents, and I am trying to stay out of it. His mom was complaining that he sleeps all day, and pays marbles all day, eats for free, and the house is like a restaurant. Well, its not really true cuz all we eat is rice and Jose paid $30 for the bag of rice. And everytime we return from the city we bring a chicken, cilantro, or a bag of avocados. We don't have a kitchen in our house, so we can not cook. I say that if Jose wants to sleep or play marbles instead of working like a slave, he can, because he worked in the U.S. and has money just like the rest of the old guys who no longer work because they don't have to.
I think she should be a little more appreciative that Jose is back after 7 yrs of not seeing him. She talks about Papa being cheap too. I love her and we get along great, but I just dont agree with the way she treats people and calls Jose lazy, because he is not, and he does help around the house. Jose says she has no idea how he worked in the U.S. all day every day in a fast paced restaurant. People here don't know work like that, he says. She treats Miggy like a little slave too. Everytime he goes outside to play she calls him in to do something. He runs to do it and never complains. Jose says he was treated the same way when he was young. Jose said that is why he likes to play a lot now - video games, marbles, bike riding, cards - because he never could before. But, I guess he still cannot.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb