My shot was on Fire!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Guayaquil
October 13th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Are ship is currently located in a very bad area of guayadil. So in order to get out of the port one most go through extremely high security. So even though we were docked at 7ish we weren’t allowed off the ship till 10. and once we got off we weren’t allowed to walk anywhere, so we had to wait 30 minutes for the shuttle to come by to take us 3 ft away. Once we finally made it into town we did some walking around the city. Stopped in a few stores, and went into an outside restaurant. They served us the lunch of the day which consisted of crb soup, chicken and rice, desert and jucie, for the very high prive of $1.50 …..yea!! Pretty freaking amazing when we fed 5 people for less then $8.
After our very fancy lunch we went to the city’s river walk. The river walk is a newly developed area of guayadil , there is fountains and stairs that lead to a platform so that people can have a view of the entire city. Along the walkway of the riverwalk there was an art festival going on and so we managed to take lot of pictures of people making the most amazing art work.
After out time in the city we went back to the ship. I had my media reception, which was fun. The city brought dancers to the reception and performed a show for us.
After 2 hours of smiling and socializing we went to eat, and began getting ready for going out at night. I had an early morning flight to quito, and adam was going to the Galapagos so we didn’t stay out to late. We went to this bar , where half the scholarship was, and I had a cucaracho. This amazing shot that was on fire!! And you have to take it with a straw, very very fun!


Advertisement



15th October 2007

hi pepita, me alegra que estes muy bien,hasta hoy pude seguir con tu diario. Llegaron a ir a la mitad del mundo?,es un lugar bellisimo,tu hubiera recomendado a ir a Galapagos en vez de Quito,Galapagos es mucho mas bonito y interesante que la capital,pero no se si ya fuiste. Te acuerdas de el trago que te recomende que tomaras en San Andres,que te lo podias tomar gratis en el hotel?,pues es el cucaracho.Te dije que lo trataras!!!!!!(viste de lo que te perdiste?).En San Andres era lo unico que yo tomaba,que borracheras la que me di con mi mama. Pepita por que no has vuelto a poner fotos?,aun tu amigo tiene tu camara?.Ojala pudieras poner mas fotos. Saludos de todos,besos y abrazos de mi,te quiero y te extraño mucho
15th October 2007

fun fun fun
yea that was a pretty awsome drink....i was very happy that night :) but no adam doesnt have my camera anymore but i havent put pictures up because it takes 5 minutes to load each picture and i dont have that kind of patience....but tomm i am going to take my camera to an internet cafe and load them all up... i wanted to go to the galapagos but it was almost 2,000 extra and i didnt have that kind of money...but i did get to see the center of the worl...wow...that was beautiful...absolutely amazing....i stayed with an indigenious family...up in the mountains it was sooo beautiful and an amazing experience.
15th October 2007

:-)
Sounds like a fun drink!!!!!!!! THANK YOU so much for the Birhtday message! I got super sad when I heard it :-)! Wish you could be here to celebrate my Ageing! :-) BUT there is always next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We miss you tons! Everything here is good! We went to a Halloween Party on Sat and had a great time Farith was a Dr. and I was a nurse! I will email you pics :-) LOVE YOU! And Miss YA!!!!!!!!! Take care and enjoy! XOXOXOX Jen
16th October 2007

hello hello hello
so package still hasnt arrived but i have until tommorrow if i dont get it tommorrow they'll forward it to new zeland so now worries either way i'll get it...but please send pics ...love you too
17th October 2007

BIG MAma
Hi Nana: I am glad that you had fun. I hope you get the package before your leave. I went to the doctor on Monday and he decide to keep my November 19th due date, so if we go all the way, we are going to have a big mama. :) I like all the new pics. everything looks so beautiful. We miss you and love you so much. I sent you a letter to New Zealand and I enclosed some pics.
21st October 2007

hi!!
hey vieja! can you beleive you've been on the boat for a month and a half or so, time flyies by so fast. but doesn't feel like u've been there longer. well i miss you and cant wait till christmas! i got you last phone call. i heard the [phone and picked up and nothing happened. then i heard your message! i was so upset. but ohh well i guess will try next time. ok keep having crazy fun shots ok bye.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb