Galapagos Cruises and Tours


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » General Villamil
December 13th 2017
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Galapagos Islands are an archipelago located 1,000-kilometers off the coast of Ecuador. This exotic destination is renowned for its volcanic structures and incredibly diverse array of flora and fauna. You may recall hearing about the Galapagos in a high-school biology class, as this is the area that inspired Charles Darwin’s Theory of Evolution.

If you are planning a trip to South America, make a trip to the Galapagos Islands one of your top priorities. Here are the best ways to enjoy the unforgettable scenery and incredible natural features to make your trip the adventure of a lifetime.

When to Visit

Due to the warm climate and endless sights, there is no bad time to visit the Galapagos Islands. The dry, cool season ranges from January to May and the warm, wet season ranges from June to December. However, while there is always something to see, the time you choose to go will impact what animals you’ll see.

For example, November is the best time to see whale sharks. December and January are when the Giant Tortoise eggs will hatch. Penguins begin their mating season in September. Just keep in mind that it is challenging to get last-minute travel deals during peak seasons, so if you have a specific sight in mind you should try to plan a year in advance.

How to Get There

The best way to get around the Galapagos Islands is by booking a cruise in advance. This will ensure you get the desired time, destination, and best tours possible. Be sure to book with reputable Galapagos experts, like Ecuador and Galapagos Insiders , to make sure you get the safest, most informative tour possible.

When you book your Galapagos cruise, you will have the option to choose how long you would like to be on board, and which section of islands you would like to see. Of course, your time constraints will ultimately affect how much of the islands you get to visit. For example, a five-day tour is a great way to see the Southern islands, while an eight-day tour will showcase the best of the Northern islands as well.

To start your adventure, you will take a plane from Ecuador to the Galapagos to get on your boat. During your cruise, you will sleep on the boat and travel between locations during the night. During daytime, your sightseeing will be balanced between hiking, kayaking, or just lounging on the tropical beaches. Professional guides will ensure you get the best experience possible.

If the cruise option isn’t for you, there are various land-based tour packages available to consider. You won’t see the diversity of the different islands, but you will immerse yourself in the paradise that is Galapagos.

Pricing

As with any tour package, pricing is dependent on what you choose to include. If you opt for a luxury cruiser with a jacuzzi and balcony in your cabin, you can expect to pay at least $3000 USD for a four-day cruise. If you choose one of the smaller sailboat style packages, you can expect to pay around $1500 for the same amount of time. Prices vary based on the itinerary and season as well.

What to Bring

If you’re packing for the Galapagos, plan to be active. Bring proper footwear and attire for hiking, sunscreen, bug repellent, hats, and sunglasses. You will require swimwear and lightweight clothing if you are not accustomed to the heat. Most importantly, bring a camera so you can remember every moment of your adventure.

Why the Galapagos Islands?

If the thought of incredible creatures and stunning vistas aren’t enough, think of the adventure! You’ll have the opportunity to visit (and even crawl through) volcanic craters. You’ll snorkel with tropical fish and go cliff jumping at Las Grietas . You will relax and unwind on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You’ll have an unforgettable adventure that you will cherish for a lifetime. What are you waiting for?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb