Last day in Canoa


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
April 5th 2009
Published: April 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

Sad to say that this will be our last blog from Canoa (for a while anyway). We are currently sitting at the surfshak having our last breakfast in Canoa, and will be packing later today. We will head to Manta in the morning via taxi and then fly to Quito in the afternoon (notice, there will not be any travel by bus, my nerves couldn't handle it). We will spend a couple of days there and then fly back home later this week! It has been great, meeting all these nice people and relaxing.

Last few days have been pretty laid back, and getting our thoughts together for the time when we get to come back! Henry and DJ finished class on Friday and DJ has been catching up big time on his school work and getting his last surf in. As we are sitting here eating, Henry is really savoring his meal, he has been wanting bacon (protein) for so long and is just now getting it. Bacon, maple syrup, miracle whip, salad dressings, relish, are some of the things are hard to come by here. Henry took some great pics of DJ and Ryan surfing at sunset that you can check out on Ryans travel blog: www.travelblog.org/bloggers/van_ry/ . I will try to post some good ones as well.

The family at the Sundown has really made Breana feel special, treating to desserts, fun, and a special handcrafted necklace (so sweet). We had a great night with them just chatting and enjoying the stars (as well as the Ron (rum)) the other night. We had dinner last night at the Shamrock with Ryan, Vanessa, and Pascal (Peter and Joel joined us later on) after enjoying a nice sunset up on the bluffs overlooking Canoa and the pacific (stunning). Well gotta go, Henry is hoping to go paragliding today, the wind has picked up (gonna go jump off a freakin' cliff). Hasta luego, we will try to blog from Quito.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



5th April 2009

Hello
Hi, I just want to say have a safe trip home this week and I know you all had a fantastic time. Love, Aunt Pat
7th April 2009

Wow! Is time to come back already. Time flies by fast. Save travels to all of you. Look forward to hearing from you when you return. Luv Ya, Aunt Karen

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb