Canoa to Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
April 8th 2009
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After the last blog on Sunday, Henry and I went to San Vicente and picked up a thank you cake for everyone at the Sundown. After that we spent the afternoon at the beach watching Ryan and DJ take Breana surfing (that´s right, the little one can surf too!) and it was amazing to see her on that board!
We watched our last Canoa sunset (for awhile at least) and had our last beach fire that night. We already miss the sound of the waves and endless laughter.

All went well with our trip to Manta and flight to Quito (saw Canoa from the plane, it was waving (ocean, ha, ha) to us). Landed in Quito, made it to the hostal with Pascal and enjoyed a meat filled BBQ dinner (with no rice!). Pascal caught an early flight out this morning home to Canada (see you in August Pascal with Karine, thanks for all your help with the kids, and your french spirit!) we miss you already!

We have been missing us some mexican food and today we finally got it (it was delicioso)! We went to the ¨Virgen del Panillo¨where you can see all of Quito (it was like being at the top of the world!). We also saw a church (La Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus) where the inside is all made out of gold, we will post pictures of this in a couple of days. Also passed by the ¨white house¨of president Rafael Correa, who was speaking to the public as we walked by. Also walked in to the Marriott in Quito just to check out their nightly rate $159.00 (thanks but we like our $28 a night with hot water and tv just fine). We just got done having dinner at Pizza Hut. We are now heading back to our hotel.
Chao for now! Sorry, we will try this picture thing another day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb