Bahia de Caracas


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
January 11th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bahia SignBahia SignBahia Sign

Sign at the bus station
After three days in Canoa and remembering our very long journey from Quito, we decided that a night bus from Bahia de Caracas would be nicer than the day bus we took to St. Vincente. Plus we heard that this town was an "ecocity" and we wanted to see what it was all about. We took a bus from Canoa to St. Vincente in the morning. We met a nice gentleman who helped us to catch the water taxi across the bay to Bahia. We spent the day walking around the peninsula and watching the amazing waves hitting the shore. We ate some great Italian food and ice cream. Kerensa ate cerviche and it was great also. The pelicans clumsily diving into the water kept us entertained for hours. Janel and Kerensa collected more sea shells. The "ecocity" title means that they have recycling (rare in Ecuador) and the main form of transportation is bike powered tuk-tuks. If we return to Bahia I would like to take the mangrove tour. We watched the sun go down by the lighthouse and the tide come in very rapidly. We took a very nice bus home with a company called "Reina Camino" - it drove straight through instead of stopping every half hour. It was a nice finish to our coastal trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Lighthouse Early in the Day Lighthouse Early in the Day
Lighthouse Early in the Day

We visited the lighthouse early in the day with the intension of taking photos later in the day to compare. It was a great way to watch the tide come in.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb