Coast Trip to Canoa


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Canoa
January 8th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We (Janel, Tony and Kerensa) went to Canoa for three days. We wanted a relaxing trip on the beach. Tony wanted to try surfing and he did. We thought the trip to Canoa would take 6 hours, but in actuality via St. Vincente it took over 10 hours. It was an uncomfortable bus and it was hot. Once we got to St. Vincente we took another 20 minute bus to Canoa where we were dropped off in what seemed the middle of no where. A very nice person could recognize we had no idea where to go and helped us find our hostel (only one block from the beach and $5 a person). The first day on the beach Kerensa and Janel collected shells. We had a deal that we would only keep 10 of the prettiest, but it was much closer to 40 including cool rocks and wood. The crabs, sanddollars, and snail watching filled the girls time on the beach, while Tony tried his hand at surfing. He had a great time and made it up several times. The girls were impressed. We ate mostly at the Bamboo Hotel and when we didn't we wished we had. The first day we tried to be very careful in the sun, but it did not matter - we all got fried. We were all lobster red the second day and spent most of the day drinking various fresh fruit juice and watching the surf. The third day was a little rainy (it is the rainy season), but it was better for us since we were still too red to be out. We played in the water at sunset and overall had a great, relaxing time at the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Boat on the Beach Boat on the Beach
Boat on the Beach

As the tide came in this boat started floating away, but someone finally got it.
Making a Fishing Net Making a Fishing Net
Making a Fishing Net

A young boy was making the fishing net and he was amazingly fast.
Janel with the Beer Man Janel with the Beer Man
Janel with the Beer Man

She wanted this photo because she did not think that Michael (fiance) would believe she was drinking beer. The beer is Pilsener and its a smooth light beer that they sell everywhere. BUT do not take the bottles they are worth just as much as the beer.
Tents Tents
Tents

These tents were great - $3 all day. We needed to spend more time under the tents.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb