Hola Quito!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
June 9th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dad and I arrived in Quito yesterday after a 2 hour flight to Madrid and a 11 hour flight to Quito. It was a long day and luckily after an anxious wait our luggage turned up. The same could not be said for other people on our trip and in all Iberia airlines lost 58 bags from our flight!

Anyway, today we met up with everyone on our trip. There are 11 of us in all from the UK, Germany and Alaska! I am the second youngest after a high school student. We had a lovely walking tour of Old Quito. Which included a trip to the Basilica. An amazing neo Gothic structure with gargoyles representing some of the famous animals associated with Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands including turtles and dolphins. It was very impressive inside. We then headed to the Plaza da Independencia and enjoyed people watching and a procession of a religious relic. A quick peak inside the Palace before going up the hill to the Virgin of Quito. A 30 metre high statue looking out over the city of Quito.

Free time in the afternoon was spent in Quito New Town and I managed a quick swim in a heated pool when we got back to the hotel! Tomorrow we are heading North to Otovalo and get to go over the Equator! Having fun so far and the weather has been kind! Food is also delicious!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



9th June 2008

2nd youngest
youre the 2nd youngest?? wow.... i have lots of silly remarks running round my head but i will restrained

Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb