Otavalo market


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Otavalo
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the market just down the road which sells so many bright blankets, scarves, ponchos etc. I boughta magenta poncho, a purple shoulder bag and some earrings! all for ten pounds. You have to get used to the art of haggling though, they say a price and you should pay only half or two thirds of what they initially say. I thought it would be worse than it was, but they want to sell it and you pay what you want really! i was expecting the locals to be a bit more forcful but if you said ´no gracias´they let you be.

Well that is all to report up to now, but tomorrow (My birthday) we are leaving early to head into the jungle, which should be amazing. we are going to go trekking,canoing and i think i will do the optional excursion of white water rafting. We also have to opportunity to drink stuff I saw on tv (bruce Parry) that people drink and then have to throw up, but i think i will avoid that, plus we get to try a catterpilla...think i may avoid that too!! but i am definalty going to make the most of what is presented to me!

Adios for now and will update the blog as soon as i can.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb