Plunging Pelicans and Flaming Flamingos


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Santiago Island
November 16th 2019
Published: November 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Buccaneer Cove was a great place to wake up. A very full day yesterday resulted in a surprisingly decent sleep, despite apparently quite stormy conditions during the night. Panga cruise alongside the cliffs to see yet more seabirds, then more snorkelling, (see a pattern emerging here?) but this time in a sea cave. Massive shoals of fish but little not previously seen. Other folk saw white tipped reef sharks and 6' Lang Ray's, but I missed them this time. We sailed further north east for several hours, to tiny Rabida Island, before mooring in a sheltered bay for the afternoon's hike on Island. There were fantastic views, among lava rock and giant cactii. Beautiful pink flamingos on a green lagoon overlooking the unique red sandy beach, with Pelicans and Blue footed Boobies diving for fish in the bay, were today's highlights. I forewent the beach snorkelling on the grounds that I had, by now, seen everything! Being our last night on board, we had a fantastic dinner of fresh tuna, cocktails and muchos vino, before being told that we had to get up at 05.30 for early breakfast and transfer to airport! Sad and fond farewells to the wonderful crew, who worked tirelessly to ensure our comfort, and to Andrea, our CEO, who was exceptional. Today is our final day here in Galapagos, and it has been fantastic. The trip of a lifetime, and we know that we are really privileged to be able to do it. But it's nearly time to return home. To be honest, we are now ready for that. It has, as always, been exhausting, with 5.45 alarm time practically every morning, and virtually non stop activity. But, as is my motto, 'there's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead'!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Frigate BirdFrigate Bird
Frigate Bird

Followed boat everywhere!


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb