Galapagos - Day 4


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » San Cristóbal Island
September 8th 2018
Published: September 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day in Galapagos and it really is a full day. We start with a steep walk up the volcanic Punta Pitt on Isla Cristobal. we are rewarded with plenty of photo opportunities of the Red and Blue footed boobies. This is quite a busy spot with lots of tourists. We have been spoilt up until now by having each stop more or less to ourselves. We find these intruders rude and noisy.

On the way back I see the very rare Blue Footed Australian Booby and it’s smaller mate with darker plumage - also known as Wayne and Narelle.

The landscape is striking with high, very steep volcanic rocks, stark flat areas and a few scrubby bushes. After we clamber back down to the golden beach, it is time for another snorkel. The water is clearer than the previous day and the fish more plentiful. The sealions turn out for a swim with us too.

After lunch we motor off to Isla Lobos, just off Isla Cristóbal for another spot of snorkeling. This time only 5 of the 16 of us venture out and are we laughing we when get back. Clearest water, best fish, sealions everywhere - so much so that I was getting nervous about how close they were getting and another turtle.

We finish the day with a walk around Isla Lobos, a very rocky spot but again fantastic bird life, and oh yes, some seals. It was a great way to end the tour with the setting sun providing some mellow lighting across the island and hitting Kicker Rock in the background.

Back on board for a farewell cocktail and yet another wonderful meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb