Cotopaxi , horses , bikes and snow


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Cotopaxi
October 27th 2007
Published: October 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola !

just got back from Cotopaxi national park , we spent the last five days Hiking , biking and horse riding
Donna s not so chirpy when she s on a horse or bike !!!

we took the bus from Quito to Machachi then pick up truck up the cobbled rd for half an hour to the secret garden where we stayed in our cosy bunk house for 5 days with 6 other room mates .

Woke up to a fantastic veiw of cotopaxi volcanoe and the other surrounding volcanoes, of to breakfast then to saddle up the horses , a nice steady trot for 3 hrs then a picnic lunch , we had to shelter for 20 mins to avoid getting wet , Then the charge of the not so light brigade on the way home, as i got back an hour before Donna and her horse did manage to take her across the neighbouring farmers field silent treatment!

wed
same fantastic view and breakfast then load the mountain bike s up in the truck and off to the top of another volcanoe 4700m approx, except this was the most up hill downhill bike trip i had ever been on !!
after an hr 3 of us made it to the top of the rd for an amazing veiw then 3 mins later ! back at the truck for lunch . We all cruised back down to the hostal for a well earned rest .

thur
up early again ! brekkie and in the truck , we drove to cotopaxi then a 2 hr hike up to the Refuge which is at 4800m in the Snow ,lunch then up to the glazier at 5000m we all made it !!!!! then back down on the way down we saw Andean Wolves wich was cool then more drinks at the refuge . a quick rest then back down to the truck before the snow and rain .

fri
up early again !! straight in the truck to walk up another volcanoe breakfast alfrecso , we parked the truck then had brekkie , then our guide told us that the fighting bulls were in the feild we had to walk across so change of plan much to the releif of Donna no up hill just downhill walking . then back to the House pack and then the pick up down the hill to catch the bus back to quito .

today , laundry , sleep and sorting out for tomorow Galapogos , Donnas going Shopping It is Saturday!!!!!

update in 10 days when back from the galapogos !!!

C & D


Advertisement



27th October 2007

photos !!
check the gallery out

Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb