Galapogos


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
November 8th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just back from 10 awesome days in the galapogos !!

we flew from Quito to Baltra ,then bus ferry another bus to Puerto ayora on the island of Santa Cruz , we checked in to the Salinas wich was cheap and cheerful , then of to find a boat for 4 days , lucky for us we ended up om the Artcipell 2 , a luxuryclass cat all for $700 , so early monday headed for the island of Baltra again to meet our tour guide and other guests at the aeropuerto !!! .
then on to our boat for lunch and of to black turtle cove. we all jumped in the dingys and headed into the cove.
First sighting was mating turtles then pelcans and whitetip sharks. loads of other wildlife then back to the boat for more food and drinks. After dinner we went up on deck for cocktails and salsa dancing for 2 hrs then bed. Overnight the boat headed for Espanola where we went ashore on to a white sandy beach to meet hundreds of sealions and marine iguanas , then snorkel with the rays tropical fish and sealions. back to the boat for more food and drink!
Overnight travel again to St Christoble , onshore to frigate bay lookout then to the Darwin centre for more info, back to the boat and on to Punte Surez to see Galapogos Hawks , Blue footed boobies , Albatross , longtailed tropical birds , more sealions and a brown snake ! we then went back to the boat and snorkelled with more sealions , Eagle rays and a big bull sealion giving it large! then back to the boat nore food and drink and a halloween party on board more cocktails and salsa! then overnight to Puerto Ayora for the last trip .
After brekkie on the dingys again and on to a bue to go and see the giant tortoises loads of tortoises! we also saw lava tubes and loads of fauna and flora. then it was time to check back into the salinas for another night before we headed to Isabella island
headed to the harbour to get the ferry at 2pm got into the smallest ferry boat and 13 of us ended up bobbing around in the channel broken down untill we managed to jump ship top another boat , we arrived at sunset with out our bags!!
we then met Mauriso our italian host for the next 4 days who looked after us really well , pasta , lasagne, pizza , Expresso and food food food ! we manged to walk most of the food of everyday well i did! we saw the flamingos, whitetip'sharks , marine iguanas, green turtles and sealions loads of snorkelling and also went up to Serra Negra volcanoe on horseback in clouds of dust to see where it erupted in 2005.
After 4 days we had to jump back on the ferry (not the same one) for the 2 1/2 hr crossing in really rough seas loads of big airs and screams !! back to the salinas for the last night and out for fish and chips Donna couldnt find the gravy tho !!!! now we are back in Quito doing laundry and sorting out the next trip
update soon

C & D

Photos will be in the gallery in the next few days !



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



15th November 2007

hey donna its dad and charliegh the picture look fantastic.hope your havin a good time.dad sed take the pic straight coz we cant see them unless we tilt our hed .lol dads going ireland on saturday to the races.the weather over here is horrible.love u from dad and charliegh and dad sed sorry for missing the phone calls take care luv from dad.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb