Touristy for good reasons


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
April 13th 2010
Published: April 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have been enjoying the gentle, colorful life here in Banos. Everywhere there are unusual sights, sounds and people, and we love walking the streets to experience it all. Banos is very walkable, the town itself is flat, the streets and sidewalks are very well maintained brick. Interestingly, all the streets are one way, and only one lane wide, so it really makes it a quaint town to walk in.
Our work at the library is enjoyable, but only requires 3 hours a day, so we are filling the gaps with Spanish lessons, and plan to spend some time in the local schools,helping with Music and English classes. More on that as it develops.
The kids at the library are very different from the ones at the centre we were at in Tena. These are clean, well-behaved, can read, and are well-dressed. The town is better off than in Tena, but I think the library attracts middle class families.
Dave got a chance to play in a marriachi band when they parked on the street outside the library and started warming up to play at a party. He had a great time, and all of us spilled out onto the street to enjoy! As well, he and Steven are bring the kids upstairs to have a singalong on most days, and Steven has a paper mache project on the go with the kids. The end result will be a dinosaur.
We are all healthy and well, and every day brings a new experience. Last night we got a call saying a small jazz group was playing in a nearby hotel. Turned out to be a group of high school kids and their teachers, and they played excellent jazz!
That's all for now, enjoy the photos!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Katrina's idea of hiking clothesKatrina's idea of hiking clothes
Katrina's idea of hiking clothes

Katrina underestimated what the trail would be like. Can't see her flip flops here, but doesn't she look cute in her dad's new hat?


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb