Volcanotastic


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
February 29th 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Peeps

Strictly speaking i am adding this entry in Quito as no internet for the last few days but we have been having the most lovely time in the Ecuadorian countryside. We spent last weekend in Otovalo enjoying the fantastic market and walking around lake cuicocha - both were amazing in their own way. We then went south of Quito to latacunga where we wandered round the town and then on to Banos. Banos was beautiful, it felt like a seaside town - warm and sunny with thermal baths!! We found this place near Banos called Hacienda Mantleles which is really really high and gorgeous, so peaceful and the people there were just lovely.Our room looked on to the slightly moody volcano turangurua ( i think that's the spelling) which was billowing grey smoke as we were there - it was a real break especially after the hustle and bustle of Quito. . Talking of which we are back here for the night before going to the Galapagos early tomorrow morning - yippee!! It´s hectic here but we are getting more used to it, we also experienced the bus system which is a load of fun too. Anyway, prob won't be able to speak or email whilst we are on the boat so lots of love for now.

Love.

Louise and Nige. x

PS Ma, i've sent my driving licence to you plus some glasses we bought at Manteles!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb