Banos Banos Banos


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
December 22nd 2006
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok Banos is probably my favorite place in Ecuador along with Mindo!! Its such a cool little town with a lot of tourist and a lot of stuff to do! Not to mention, its GORGEOUS!! We stayed at this really cool hostal called Anais. Its right next to the bus station! And like 3 minutes from the bar zone!!

So during our stay in Banos we went horse back riding, rapelling down waterfalls.... the biggest one was 45 METERS! I was scared shitless!!! We also went on a jungle tour to Puyo, which i will talk about in the next blog, and went on numerous chivas!! Chivas are party buses that go up to the Volcano!!! They are so much FUN!! I love it!!! When its nice out they have bomb fires and people who sing, but when its not nice out we all get into this hut thingy and get drunk! Either way its super fun and you get to meet a lot of cool people!! Tip: Do not drink the Puro! Its sick! But do drink the hot cinnamon drink its soooo good!

Theres so much stuff to do in Banos that i wanted to do, but by the end of our trip we totally ran out of money so instead we just partied!!! We were in the jungle for Xmas and the day after! And I was in Banos for my birthday which was so much FUN and in Banos for New Years Eve!

Oh my god New Years Eve here is so much fun! Me and Darren started partying at like one in the afternoon along with a drunk that we are not sure called himself guapo or me? But anyway the rest of Banos caught up with us later that day. But seriously best New Years ever. Everyone dresses up here and they all ask for money (Including Darren and some other friends from Banos, HILARIOUS!) because they have to pay for some doll, they call it "Ano Viejo"... like Old Year but its a doll that represents every bad thing that happened in the past year. (But my friends only did it cuz we wanted more drinking money). Darren was an overly sluty girl who asked all the men "Te gusta?". But yeah then they burn the doll thingy on the street to start a new year and all the guys jump over the fire. But yeah there were like millions of fire on the streets!! It was so wicked! Everyones outside partying and going in and out of bars to dance!

So in conclusion I definetly recommend Banos to everyone it was so amazing we met a lot of cool tourists and locals, everybody is so friendly and theres so much to do! Best choice for Christmas vacation!!!!

PS More pictures of New Years eve and stuff coming soon... (there not developed yet)


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Amazing views Amazing views
Amazing views

I was speachless! ME!!
Coming down with Patricio !! Coming down with Patricio !!
Coming down with Patricio !!

45 Meters I was totally scared shitless!
Our fabulous tour guidesOur fabulous tour guides
Our fabulous tour guides

Carlos y Patricio


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb