Why You Should Visit Colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia
July 28th 2019
Published: July 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

There are many great places to visit in Latin America. One of the best places in Latin America is one that you may have ruled out for one reason or another. Maybe you are fearful of the drug trade that people always talk about that goes on there. Or maybe you just think it is a dangerous place to visit. Colombia is a place in Latin America that you need to visit for many different reasons. Let’s get into some of those different reasons.

Bogata is a very interesting city to visit. Then there is Cartagena, which is a great resort city that has an underestimated personality. Their ancient walls play a big factor in this. Both of these are cities that any tourist needs to see that are very safe for tourists.

So what makes Colombia such a great place to visit? There are many reasons but let’s start with the rugged yet beautiful terrain. One option is to ride a bicycle around and check out all of coffee country. Another thing to do is to go climbing in the very rocky and magnificent terrain. Then there is the option of going hiking near the Quindio wax palms. When it comes to options for getting out and seeing beautiful scenery there are neverending options in Colombia.

If you are looking for an all-in-one adventure, then it would be a great idea to head to El Cocuy National Park. Despite it being a park this is a very untamed area of wilderness. It is a great option for anyone that enjoys climbing, hiking and camping. Due to the extremely high elevations of 17,000 feet there are even some snowcapped mountains to check out. If you are hoping to take on the wild side of Colombia, this is the place to do it.

Cartagena has so much to offer. There are several different ways to check out the views of the Carribbean. There are options to bike, dine or walk and enjoy the views. There are amazing hotels in the heart of the city where there are balconies that sit above shops and apartments. There’s so much to take in.



The Carribbean was already mentioned, but let’s dive into that a bit further. The gentle waves that roll into the white sand. There are so many different ways to enjoy the Carribbean Sea. Whether you are scuba diving into deeper water or just chilling in the sun with a beach chair it’s an incredible place to relax.

You can simply hope in a boat in Cartagena and enjoy a boat ride to an island resort. Once on one of those islands, there are many options including horseback riding and mountain biking.

Though many people are fearful to visit Colombia, the safety in the country has been greatly improved. Despite the fact that there is a current and ongoing travel warning by the U.S. government about this country, there is a very strong police and national guard presence in all of the places we listed to visit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.663s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb