taganga...


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Santa Marta
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

well frist off happy frickin´ Canada day everyone 140 years and still looking good...

so this is the last few day in a nut shell...

we are in a town of taganga right now on the colombian coast and can´t find another canadian as the isrealis have taken this town over... seriously most of the signs are in hebrew which is a bit strange but pointing still works so we are all good...
so from bogota we flew down (or up?) to the coast and spent a few nights in cartagena which was nice to see the walled old city the largest fort in south america (not positive if that´s true) and maybe a bit of time hiding from the heat in th AC...
from cartagena we bussed to santa marta which is a town about 4 hours closer to the venezulan boarder...
we spent a while going around santa marta miming ´fishing´ as we want to deep sea fish but were sol so... despite santa marta being an ok city it was still a bit big for us so we cabbed about 5 k out of town to taganga which is a smallish beach town which is full of fresh fruit stands israelis and expensive fish (yeah we thought it would be cheap you know being a fishing village and all...)
we have enjoyed the last few days here sitting on the beach treking to the nearby playa grande and more sitting on the beach with tropical fruit juices... we can´t complain...

so future plans... become a sommelier... invent silent velcro... oh yeah and head to tayrona national park before saying goodbye to colombia for a while...

hasta luego

lyle


Advertisement



2nd July 2007

THE NAME IS COLOMBIA
YOU PEOPLE TRAVEL THE WOLD AND DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL THE COUNTRY YOU'RE VISITING, SHAME!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GET IT RIGHT READ THE NAME OF THE COUNTRY ABOVE YOUR POST IT IS SPELLED C-O-L-O-M-B-I-A PLEASE GET AT LEAST THAT MUCH RIGHT.
3rd July 2007

thanks UPSET GRINGO...
your help is much appreciated in this ever changing WOLD it is too hard to spell things right... if you are going to creep around this site and comment on randoms´ blogs bitching about their spelling please reread your own comment first...

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb