galapagosing and off to colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well not much to write about galapagos continued to be awesome more snorkelling etc... and after 8 days on a boat it was time for us to get off and stagger towards the plane on our sealegs... we flew into quito and quickly went to the bus station and were off to tulcan which is in northern ecuador near the colombian boarder... we spent a night there in a super cheep but fairly sketchy hostel and the next day cabbed to the boarder...
on the ecuador side we waited for about 2 hours to get our exit stamps as the computers were down and they didn´t feel like processing by hand so when we eventually got them done we walked over the bridge to colombia which was a breeze...
form the boarder town of ipiales we cought an awesome 20ish hour ride to bogota...
so far bogota has been closed as it was sunday but we managed to take a tram ride and do some wandering around town... today we headed to the science and technology centre (by my dragging the others) but so far it has been awesome as it has the only working internet cafe in bogota... yeah all the others satalites are down or something... so tomorrow we go tot the gold museum and then (we maybe splurged to avoid another 20 plus hour bus ride) fly to cartagena... which will be nice avoiding about 20hours of travelling... and landing on the caribbean coast is sweet too...
well i have to look at courses as i register on the 27th and am not sure about electives...

peace out

Lyle



Advertisement



26th June 2007

Internet!!!!!!!!!
Dude, one of the transoceanic cables that links Colombia to the rest of the world was cut in a maritime accident! it sucks I know! no internet, phew!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb