Hammocks and Blackouts


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Santa Marta
February 10th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Nothing like lying back in your hammock reading your book while overlooking the night lights of the small fishing village Taganga, and then a complete electricity blackout. The four of us just rocked back and forth, helped by the strong winds and had some sporadic conversation, everything is understated in Techos Azures (where we are staying), nothing too stressful, our main worry is getting a nice hammock or space on the beach to see the sunset!
I fell asleep in my hammock but as wake up was nearly falling out I decided to hit my bed instead.
Taganga is beautiful and worth the 20 hour plus bus journey from Bogota, even though they claim it's only 16! The bus was fabulous, we were so well impressed. That was until the air con came on so strong that it felt like we were living in the Antarctic, and no pleas of how cold it was would move the bus driver to turn it off. Along with that they refused to put up the volume when the movie was in English, and then turned off the English subtitles when it was a Spanish dubbed movie!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb