El Aquario


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » San Andres
August 16th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

on the boaton the boaton the boat

going to el aquario
El Aquario is national protected wildlife area. It’s two very small islands in the middle of the ocean that are connected through a sandbar. We woke up early and ate breakfast; breakfast is a buffet style all you can eat. After breakfast out tour guide was waiting. He directed everyone to follow him he was going to take us to where the boats where launched. The place where the boats are launch is guarded by gates inside the gates there’s wooden benches to the left with people sitting down. And vendors to the right selling water shoes, and snorkel gear. We took a seat amongst the many sitting down. Soon enough there was many walking through the isle selling beaded necklaces, and bracelets ‘’yelling courtesy look.’’ After about half hour of sitting there stair at the same men walking pass me, our names were called and we were directed onto a boat. The boat had benches, going from one side of the boat to the other, and we had to sit 5 to a row. Then the men in charged passed life jackets back. About ten minutes of being on the boat we were there. A picturesque view. Palm trees surrounding the island with a small hut in the center. The water on the island was transparent with a hint of blue. But looking out in the ocean there was shades of green, and aqua blue, and navy blue, which are the different depths of the ocean. It was def beautiful. For being a national wildlife protected area I really didn’t see many fish, but I did get a chance to see a nursing shark. The workers of the island, convinced my mom to go take a look at the shark , and so they basically carried her to the out to sea, to show her the shark. She swallowed tons of water because she had no idea how to use her snorkel gear, but she did see it.
We stayed on the island for a while soaking in the sun and floating in the water. When we finally left we went to the hotel and all three fell straight to sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb