A week in paradise


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » San Andres
August 16th 2007
Published: August 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Have you ever seen paradise? Well, if you haven't I would like to invite you to spend some time in san Andres island. Clear waters, white sandy beaches, hospitable people, and great food. San Andres is the place to be!
small advertisement for the few who actually read this… but anyway Tuesday morning our taxi arrived at 630 in the morning to take us to the airport. The airport in medellin is at least an hour away. With the regular routine of checking in , and lines, and tons of waiting, our plane left at around 9ish, and arrived at 11.As soon as we arrived we checked in, but because the room wasn't ready we took a walking tour of the island. Our hotel is located is an inclusivehotel in the center of san Andres, a block away from a public beach. Our first day here was spent window shopping at the various stores, and soaking in the sun in the public beach. For the record, don’t go to the public beach. The beach its self is not half the beach that the private ones are. And because its public many locals and tourist through bottles in the sand, leaving pieces of glass everywhere. Also, theres a lot of rocks in the public beach so its difficult to really enjoy the water, unless the time spent in the water is swimming.
After, the beach we were able to eat dinner. The dinner was grilled fish, chicken, and meat, set up in the patio. During dinner we were serenaded, by a guitarist and a vocalist.
Much like a cruise an all inclusive hotel includes entertainment at night, which aren’t as extravagant but still fun to see. The show is performed by our servers and hostess from the restaurant. Implying that the workers that work here work all day along! The show consisted of dancers , performing different dances from various countries. And though slightly lame, it was definitely worth attending.
After the show I dropped my mom and nora off in the room so that they could go to sleep, and I headed towards the downstairs bar. I drank a few pina coladas and headed to the hotels night club. Praying that there were people younger then 50 there , I walked in . Luckily for me I found a group of a few guys and girls that were hanging out , and I decieded to invite myself to their table . I was welcomed with a smile, as soon as the learned I was all alone. They were all from cali Colombia, which is a city that is known to have really good salsa dancers, but these kids didnt know how to dance salsa. So I dragged them all out and began showing them how to dance….me almost all American, teaching kids born and raised in colombia how to dance…I thought it was hilarious…well long story short I had a fun night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

San andresSan andres
San andres

our hut on the public beach
San andresSan andres
San andres

in the water
San andresSan andres
San andres

little island in the distance
San andresSan andres
San andres

my coco loco
San andresSan andres
San andres

the private beach
San andresSan andres
San andres

private beach
San andresSan andres
San andres

i am not good at taking these close up pictures
San andresSan andres
San andres

sun is in my eyes
Wrecked shipWrecked ship
Wrecked ship

we walked to this island in the middle of the ocean, via a sand bar. That ship was a petrolum ship, that got suck 35 years ago.
sol caribesol caribe
sol caribe

our hotel
sol caribesol caribe
sol caribe

our hotel
sol caribesol caribe
sol caribe

view from the hotel
sol caribesol caribe
sol caribe

view from the hotel


Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb