Party Time


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

a sculputer in medellina sculputer in medellina sculputer in medellin

yes i didn't really get out with the camera too much... i wonder why?
So i decided to check out the close by city of Medellin since my time in south america is rapidly coming to an end... what did i find? well quite a nice city in my opinion not quite as nice as Bogota but quite similar in many ways once the drug trafficing capital of the world today it seems quite a safe but busy city. in the centre, markets line the streets selling rip off brands i almost picked up a pair of 'puna' (puma) shoes for a bargin price but they didn't have my size. Medellin is also the birth place of Fernando Botero and hosts some really amazing artwork and sculptures all over the city, the museum is also quite impressive and worth a look. So I spent a day walking through the city taking in the sights and looking for paragliding operators as it is supposed to be really good here but the weather wasn't that great so i decided to put it off for another day.

In the evening i met up with the hostel crowd and they all seemed pretty interested in hitting the zona rosa to check out the night life. sure i
bus triviabus triviabus trivia

i love this photo is shows the number of accidents, injuries and deaths each bus company has incurred... mine had six deaths.
said joining the group over a couple of rounds of aguadiente 'sounds like a plan'....

... 7:30 am i arrived back at the hostel blind and extremly disorientated... the night from what i remember was the zona rosa, a private party, another long cab ride to a disco tek called circus and then a taxi back to the hostel via some food stall. needless to say the next day was a right off... i didn't go paragliding.

so i woke up around 4 p.m and joined the others for breakfast and a few beers it was time to plan our next outing... tonight wasn't the night for the famous mangoes night club so we once again hit the zona rosa for pre-drinks until 3:00am and then going out to a more tame night club called blue which had a more affordable cover charge and 'ron de medellin' a type of rum so smooth it can be drunk straight... well i thought so any way....
i didn't go paragliding.

again it was a late one and i left myself no chance of checking out on time and making the bus which was to leave at 7:30 that morning. that afternoon after waking up from a huge hang over i realised i couldn't do this again. my body was acheing and at this rate i will never leave this hostel. so i made a break for it... i packed my bags and headed for the bus station and back to bogota. i will spend my last day of colombia there before begining my journey back home which is rapidly approaching.

i never went paragliding... mabey next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb