Colombia - Cartagena


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
October 20th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bocagrande BeachBocagrande BeachBocagrande Beach

Boucs on the beach!
After a rough night sleep thanks to one of the guys in our dorm snoring and sounding like a motorbike, we said our goodbyes in Miami and got on our Avianca dlight to Cartagena. Not bad considering the flight was only 80 quid!
2 and half hour flight, got a meal (chicken) and watched a movie. Had roighly the same choices of films as the Virgin flight.
Checked into the North Star backpackers hostel on Bocagrande, supposedly the posh/expensive part of Cartagena. Boucs and I foind a restaurant where we had 2 Red Snappers a steak in the middle to share for about a tenner each.

The following day we walked around the colonial old town which is surrounded by a big wall. Really pretty and colourful place. We managed to find a place to eat where we had a soup ro start, followed by steak with rice and salad and some kind of fruit juice for about $3 each - bargain!
That evening we took the chiva bus tour for about a tenner with 2 American guys from the hostel and the also Carlos, the guy who works in the hostel. It was a bit of a party bus where they give you musical instruments to play and as much rum as you can drink all included in the price - trust me we got our moneys worth. We passed the castle wall where me and Boucs reckon they filmed the scene from Romancing the Stone where Michael Douglas is trying to stop the crocodile from going over the edge. They then took us to a bar/club for a bit, the on the way home, Boucs, Carlos and I jumped of the bus, and got off at the beach just by our hostel and went for a midnight swim in the warm sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

On the Chiva BusOn the Chiva Bus
On the Chiva Bus

Boucs, Me and Carlos


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb