Piedra de Peñol and Guatape


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Antioquia » Guatape
August 2nd 2018
Published: August 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

The landscape around Piedra de Peñol is one of the best views in Colombia! followed up by the colours of Guatape make this spot an absolute must to visit. Most people probably know about these two places and it was easily accessible for a day trip from Medellin.
Hostels in Medellin offer day trip tours to here but we decided to take the local bus from the north bus terminal. It took just under two hours to get to the rock, Piedra de Peñol. Climb the 650 steps and we were rewarded with absolutely incredible views.
It would be wise to do it in the morning and not on a weekend as the top of the rock only offers a certain amount of space, not ideal for those who like their instagram poses without people in their photos.
From the rock its a short tuk tuk ride in to Guatape town. This town is extremely colourful and each shop or house has a different 'logo' or picture along the bottom of their place. It's a small town and there is plenty of places to eat, drink and chill out.
It was definitely a great day trip for us and we would definitely recommend visiting this great area!


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb