Poor time management skills and desire for a healthier relationship with time


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
February 3rd 2015
Published: February 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

One of my biggest problems I’ve had on this trip has been due to my relationship with time. I regularly feel frustrated and that I am losing time. It makes me panic and I think it's a problem I need to address when I get back home as it is stopping me relaxing and leaving me feeling restless. On this trip I realise I’m having to split time between 1. socialising (not doing so much of that at the moment), 2 planning the next part of my trip and reseraching for the next day, 3 the mundane but necessary jobs that take a long time to do here in Chile – such as changing money, buying food before a long bus trip to prepare sandwiches and looking for a launderette to do laundry, 4 my travel blog which I enjoy writing just as much as I do travelling and gives me an enormous sense of well-being and a feeling of being centred, keeping up to date with my job and friends in the UK and then actually seeing and learning things I want to see. It surprises me how little time there is to relax or sleep when I’m not even working and that the days are very full, incredibly rewarding but at the same time challenging, both intellectually and physically. When I do take a day off just to write my blog or hang out with friends I feel I’m wasting it. I feel the same in the UK if I sit down for 30 minutes to watch a TV program when I could be learning something or doing exercise I again feel like I’m wasting time.

I'm still thinking about how much Pablo Neruda, the famous Latin American poet and the man who invented the first savings bank in Scotland did with their time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb