Arriving In Santiago Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region
November 12th 2019
Published: November 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Moved on to country number three this morning. We are now in Santiago, Chile.



As the plane was approaching Chile the pilot made everyone aware of the beautiful site as we were nearing the Andes Mountains. That's the only snow we will see on this trip. It was a site to behold. Getting through Customs here was very quick as not many "foreigners" were coming in on this plane. The flight was full with citizens of Chile.



We arranged our transportation to the apartment where we will be staying and got on the road with a few other tourists. One couple was staying near the airport so no issues there. Three other girls were staying near the government buildings. Little did we know it was a National Strike Day here in Santiago. The driver couldn't,t get near their hotel because of protestors so they decided to get out and walk. With the assistance of the police moving road barricades for us we were able to leave the area pretty easily. We arrived at our apartment then and settled in.



Now we were ready to investigate the neighborhood. We walked to Plaza de Armas. It is the main square of Santiago, the capital of Chile. Surrounding the square are some historic buildings, including the Metropolitan Cathedral, Central Post Office Building, and the building which serves as the seat of local government in Santiago. The square has a park like setting and was very crowded with people. On the streets connecting to the square there were lines of vendors that went for blocks selling shoes, clothes, blankets, lot and lots of food, artwork, and trinkets. When we were tired from the walking and the heat we made our way back to the apartment for a rest.



Tonight we went out for a while but the protestors have moved closer so we returned to our apartment for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



14th November 2019

Found you!
Rich, I tried calling you yesterday and today. No response, so I figured you might be traveling south of the equator this time. I tried a Google search and found you! You must have finally recovered from your pneumonia from last year!!! Have a nice trip and maybe we’ll catch you in Michigan next year. We’re in Florida right now and will be going home in April (with a 3 week Christmas break). Talk to you later. Bob Toura
15th November 2019

You Found Me
Hope you are enjoying our travel blog and your stay in Florida.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb