A Lazy Monday


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
April 5th 2016
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.4691, -70.642

I swear, a guy with a hammer has just been following me around South America. He managed to find me again at our airport hotel in Santiago, kicking off hammer time around 6am. We rolled out of bed at 9.30, just in time for our breakfast. After a simple feed, we returned to our room to kill time until checkout at 1pm. We booked a cab at reception to transfer us to our final hotel, Tinto Boutique Hotel in the Bellavista neighborhood in downtown Santiago.Half hour later we were checked into a very cozy and comfortable room, with a soft giant bed, large TV, air conditioner and jacuzzi, right by the pool.

We wandered down the street to a place called White Rabbit for lunch around 2pm. Amazing food, beer and service; we shared animal fries (chips with cheese and jalapenos), a chicken ranch sandwich and spicy fish enchiladas. Chile has all but secured its title as cuisine king of South America for me, with Peru and Uruguay honorable mentions. The waiter recommended a nearby restaurant for dinner, which we found was number 1 on tripadvisor. We made a booking for tomorrow night.We spent the rest of the afternoon resting, enjoying the jacuzzi and just doing a whole lot of nothing. Rest was most welcome.

Wed intended to dine at the recommended hotel restaurant and check out the rooftop bar tonight, but that wasn't possible as the entire hotel was booked out with some exclusive function. In lieu, we wandered the Bellavista neighborhood. It was a very modern, arty and foodie area with a large square and promenade and dozens of dining options. By now, I was starting to feel a bit seedy and coughing a fair bit. Whether Nat infected me or some rest from exhaustion let down my immunity guard I'm not sure. We opted for a simple pizza to share and happy hour cocktail before returning to our room to rest.Were looking for largely relaxed activities to see out our honeymoon here in Santiago. Perhaps a wine tour and the zoo over our last 3 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb